Quote of the Day

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." ~ Erica Jong

May 2, 2011

The Special Days

I expect days like today to be hard. Especially the firsts. The first birthday apart, the first anniversary, the first holiday.  After 11 years, I am so used to making my plans with him, and I'm feeling a little lost today.

The best thing for me to do? Keep busy, keep my mind on other things, and distract myself as much as possible. Thank goodness for friends and family.

I can break down tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. I know it, yet I have no control over it. It's a very helpless feeling. Something to work out with a professional.

    What I want to know is... Am I alone in feeling this way? Or, is it something that everyone goes through, but is just too embarrassed to admit?

    ReplyDelete