Quote of the Day

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." ~ Erica Jong

April 17, 2011

The Accidental Writer

Believe it or not, I wasn't much for keeping a journal when I was growing up.  I was always more of a situational writer ~ high school poetry attempts, college essays, letters and postcards, a travel journal from my trip to Europe.  They don't say too much, but they bring back memories. I read them and I think of the music, the clothes, the people. I remember the small events that individually mean little but as a whole make up my life.

Blogging has been a new experience for me. It's been a valuable place to rant, question.... opine.  It has been great therapy. Sometimes though, my inspiration to write comes from a place that is far too personal to be discussed here. Lately, my "postings" have been to my private journal.

My private journal is my safe place. The flood of emotion that goes into it is liberating. I can express my fears and dreams without fear of being judged. I can vent and be cruel and forgive myself for it. There, I can be honest with myself regardless of how much it hurts.  My journal is the only person I can completely trust right now. My journal is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment