Quote of the Day

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." ~ Erica Jong

April 6, 2011

Unbroken

I have to admit that I was a little inspired by Kirstie Alley today.  After an embarrassing fall on national television, Kirstie went with friends to a Hollywood tattoo parlor to get her first ink.... "Unbroken," a word to describe her inner and outer strength.

The last 3 years have been especially hard for me and as I'm coming out of the darkness, a little bruised but better than many would expect,  I've been thinking about my own next tattoo.  I've had many ideas, but nothing good enough to commit to for the rest of my life. Then I was inspired by a single word. Hmmm.... "A woman in search of a word."  Then,  I realized that I already have my word, and it's been at the bottom of these pages every day..... Water Bear, the symbol of my strength.

A Water Bear (Tardigrade) is a microscopic, water dwelling, segmented animal. They can be found all over the world from the high Himalayas to the deep sea, from the equator to the polar regions. They are able to survive in extreme environments as cold as −273 °C (−459 °F), and as hot as 151 °C (304 °F), withstand extreme radiation, and go without water for almost a decade.  They were exposed to the vacuum of space and not only survived, but laid eggs that hatched normally. It is the ultimate survivor.

I'm  a  WaterBear.  So.... tattoo the word, or a picture?

1 comment:

  1. Um... the word. ; ) Could be treated very cool on it's own. He looks slimey. LOL

    ReplyDelete