Quote of the Day

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." ~ Erica Jong

April 12, 2011

"My Life" The Soundtrack

Some people (me) go through life with the radio on but not really listening to the music. Isn't strange that whenever we experience a time of emotional upheaval, we seem to be more aware of the lyrics, which always seem be perfectly express what we are going through?

My soundtrack started with songs about repairing a struggling relationship. Then, some Alanis Morrisette kicked in with songs of betrayal. Every other track has some sort of phoenix rising from the ashes theme. Every now and then there is a song that gives false hope.  Some songs give me strength and other have me breaking down into tears.

I would give anything to be back in the days when my life had a John Hughes movie soundtrack. Is it too much to still hope for my "16 Candles" ending, sitting on the dining room table with my Jake Ryan, kissing over a candle?

No comments:

Post a Comment