Quote of the Day

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." ~ Erica Jong

April 27, 2011

Let's Face It

A few months ago, I bought a blu-ray player.  It didn't take long for it to start malfunctioning and typically, I didn't take it back until now.  Of course, I was a little irked that it had to be sent back for repairs and would take 2-4 weeks.  I shuddered at the thought of having to go without Netflix streaming in my comfy and safe bedroom.  I took a deep breath, considered my options and  decided that I would move the Wii from the living room.   My poor dusty Wii, a virtual stranger to me after 2 years of ownership.  It was my 9 year old niece who showed me how to upload pictures to it.

And,  I sit here now, installing and updating, adding new devices and browsing.  Checking out the bells and whistles that I overlooked before.  I think that I may actually enjoy this better....  Maybe the "bad" thing that had irked me earlier was actually a good thing.  Maybe I needed to get to know my Mii a little better.

I could say "Everything happens for a reason" or  "God moves in mysterious ways",  that something good always from bad,  or blame Karma or Fate....  Let's face it, life is made up of good and bad times, and that's just the way life is.  Eventually, depending on attitude or resilience or the strength of our meds,  we recover and move on.

I don't think that I can say I recovered quite yet, but I think that I'm ready to start seeing the good.   Maybe I'm ready to get to know Me a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment