Quote of the Day

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." ~ Erica Jong

April 4, 2011

The Bucket List

Some people are afraid to be alone. Actually, I think that probably most people fear being alone at one time or another. Some people, though, are so afraid of it that they jump straight from relationship to relationship, often starting one before ending the other. I suppose that it provides some sort of comfort and distraction, but there's something to be said for allowing yourself to be unattached.

Often we forget how to take care of ourselves. We spend time caring for our partners, our families, friends and peers. We may take a moment for a bath or a quiet cocktail, but for the most part we ignore and put off our own needs.  I did that for 11 years, and things are about to change. It's about time that I get back to planning MY life and start doing the things that make ME happy. Time for me to start taking care of myself first.

So I have...
                               The Woman's Breakup Recovery Bucket List
  1. Get a professional makeover, preferably in NY on "Kathie Lee and Hoda"
  2. Be a contestant on a game show.
  3. Run a marathon.
  4. Start a company.
  5. Go on an island vacation with my girlfriends.
I'll keep adding to this list as I work on my first project. I'm trying to limit it to things that will make me feel confident and give me a sense of accomplishment. If anyone out there has a suggestion, feel free to comment.

1 comment:

  1. 6. Make a day strictly for yourself, guilt-free. Could be going to lunch, crafting, movie, laying in the sun, whatever. BUT has to be for you. and then make it a weekly thing.

    ReplyDelete