Quote of the Day

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." ~ Erica Jong

April 7, 2011

Trust Me

Have you ever noticed that the people who say "trust me" are usually the same people who have already proven that they can't be trusted?

You would think that trust could be easily categorized. For example, "I trust you to watch my house when I'm out of town, but I know you will lie to me about anything, if it means that you are covering your own ass", or "I can trust you to drive my car, but I can't trust you to not take the money out of the ashtray."

I've come to realize that when trust is lost with me, it's across the board. Once I've learned that you betrayed my trust EVERYTHING is under question...... That really sucks.

Now, I understand what my mom said to me as a kid when she caught me in my first serious deception."Once you've lost my trust, you will have to work to get it back, and it will take a long time before I can trust you again."

Trust has to be proven everyday. It goes beyond lies and deception. It's about follow through and reliability. It is like a fragile crystal vase. It's easily shattered and often impossible to repair. If it's worth repairing, you have to put effort and time into it. It requires careful handling and a lot of patience.

And, if what you are repairing is REALLY that important.....you have to accept the fact that it may never be as strong as it was before.

2 comments:

  1. True and so fragile! Love u T keep up the good work & writting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. Your writings are showing you are writing from the heart, all truth. I like your writing style and I hope more people will discover this blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete