Quote of the Day

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." ~ Erica Jong

April 20, 2011

Have Faith in Yourself

People don't change really. Jealousy doesn't go away with the next relationship; people who play childish games rarely grow up; poor choices are made over and over again. Some who trust too easily may be shy at first, after getting burned, but will most likely go back to being too trusting again.  How sad is it that something as beautiful as trust can also be  considered a hazardous trait?

"An eye for an eye" and "turn the other cheek," I've always loved that these two opposing viewpoints come from the same book. I'm a Buddhist though and believe in Karma... What goes around comes around... You get what you give. "So, if your such a good person, why are all of these bad things happening to you," you may ask?   Because, 1. I am not perfect,  b. Bad things happen to good people, and ..... Good people overcome hardship.

Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
- Anonymous

It's about character....

1 comment:

  1. I really like that quote. As it makes me think of my own thoughts, actions and character. I constantly try and teach my son how strong words are but also remember it myself.

    ReplyDelete