Quote of the Day

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." ~ Erica Jong

March 29, 2011

Alcohol and Technology.... a Dangerous Combo

I am NOT an alcoholic. I can go out to eat and just order water. I am able to have the same bottle of bourbon in the house for weeks. I don't invite people to my home JUST so they will bring booze. I do not resort to buying cheap booze because all I have is the change that I scrounged out of the ashtray of my car.  However, I am a social drinker and unfortunately, I have roommates who are of that "I don't have to work tomorrow, so I'm doing shots" stage.

It didn't take much for me to realize that depression and drinking are not a good combination for me. When I drink I get very talkative, and the topics of conversation depend on my mood at the time. I think it's pretty clear what is occupying my mind these days. I am very thankful  for the patience and understanding of those around me. They were more polite than I could be, because frankly, I was boring the crap out of myself.

Also, thanks to technology, drunk dialing is not the only hazard to drinking while broken hearted.... we now have drunk texting. I honestly couldn't tell you which is worse. Wyatt might have an opinion.

Personal growth change #1..... I'm done drinking, at least until I know that I can talk about something that other people might actually want to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment