Quote of the Day

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." ~ Erica Jong

March 13, 2011

How About a Pair of Pajama Jeans?

Hooray! I'm out of my pajamas and it's before noon. It's just sweats, but there is a jog bra involved, thus making me presentable enough for a trip to the grocery store. This small success has me wondering, "What next?" ...Pajama jeans seem to be the obvious choice, but I should probably set my goals a little higher.

So, what do I do next? The title does say "Learning How 2 Trust Again." When do I start learning to trust? There's nothing about "trust" mentioned in the 5 stages of grief, but I've been told it is how the process begins. At which stage am I? Let me think about this....

                                                   Five Stages Of Grief 

  1. Denial and Isolation.At first, we tend to deny the loss has taken place, and may withdraw from our usual social contacts. This stage may last a few moments, or longer.
  2. Anger.
    The grieving person may then be furious at the person who inflicted the hurt (even if  dead), or at the world, for letting it happen. One may be angry with oneself for letting the event take place, even if, realistically, nothing could have stopped it.
  3. Bargaining.
    Now the grieving person may make bargains with God, asking, "If I do this, will you take away the loss?"
  4. Depression.
    The person feels numb, although anger and sadness may remain underneath.
  5. Acceptance.This is when the anger, sadness and mourning have tapered off. The person simply accepts the reality of the loss.
Denial and Isolation... check,check... and unbearably on the longer side.
Anger...check (and still checking)....
Bargaining... Check I think? ... I'm pretty sure that my bargaining stage was really first, at the time when I thought he actually might still love me enough to work on things, before I found out.
Depression.... CHECK!!!!!....  this stage blanketed the first three.
Acceptance.... hmmm.... not quite there yet. While the emotional stuff has tapered off, and I've accepted the romantic loss, I'm still hoping for a friendship. Now... don't go blasting me yet, because I'll address that on a different day.

So where am I? I guess it really doesn't matter because I haven't reached the fifth stage yet. As far as learning to trust again? I STILL don't know! I suppose that I actually have to find someone to start trusting, don't I? Ahhhh.... that's another topic for another blog.


* This link was forwarded to me  7 Stages of Grief. Thanks REdM!

2 comments:

  1. He never loved you the way you loved him.......from the sounds of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, how did you get that he never loved her the way she loved him out of this blog entry? Your comment doesn't make sense here...

    ReplyDelete