Quote of the Day

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." ~ Erica Jong

March 25, 2011

Dating..... bleh.....

"Never leave something to find something better. Because once you've realized you had the best; the best has found better." -Benny Ahonima

I can't imagine myself with someone else. I know that "I deserve better" and "I can do better." But come on, this is 11 years we're talking about. After 11 years, you've become comfortable and secure. Is that really a BAD thing?  We could speak to each other with a gesture and read each other's body language. I knew that a houseful of candlelight didn't mean that the power was out.  I wanted to spend every moment with him. All I ever wanted from this man was his love and his time. That's how deeply my love for him had grown and it took years to cultivate.

Even though he violated my trust and cast doubt that anything between us was real, I  still can't imagine being with someone else. I have such a hard time believing that I could have been so wrong about him. Wrong or right, I trusted him enough to drop my protective walls. I can't imagine letting someone else get that close to me.

I work in the public and cross paths with many people every day. My friends are constantly pointing out good looking guys. They encourage me to flirt, and the only way that I can respond is.........bleh.  I am so not interested.  I can't even bring myself to flirt with someone..... (OMG, I'm going to spend my life alone)....much less consider an actual date.

How is it that guys have no problem doing this?  Why is it SO easy for a guy to just move on to the next woman?  What entity decided that it was fair to give men some sort of emotional switch, but not women?

1 comment:

  1. If men gave into emotions the human race would die out. Rebound relationships aren't about love, respect and trust, they are about the instinct to procreate. They are temporary and shallow.

    ReplyDelete