Quote of the Day

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." ~ Erica Jong

March 7, 2011

Anger and Hope

What do you do when you find out that you've been cheated on? Which emotions are most prevalent at this time? Anger, hurt, devastating gut-wrenching sadness.... hope.

Hope? Yes... hope. There's a small part inside of me that hopes that it's not true. That he is NOT the axis of evil and really could never hurt me that way. Of course, there are two sides to every story, and if he really cared about me he would try to tell me his. But how could I believe him?  At what point is trust lost and can it ever be restored?

Do I WANT to trust and believe in him again? Of course I do. This was my BEST FRIEND for 11 years. I WANT to think back on our relationship and smile and be happy. I want to believe that I am NOT so easily fooled. I want to go on to a new relationship with the ability to trust and believe in someone.

5 comments:

  1. You have to believe in hope either way. Sometimes people make horrible choices, mistakes or sometimes they are just cruel. Believe in the fact that when he was with you, it was a great relationship, friendship and maybe he just lost his way. You were probably the only one that did keep him on track. Believe in the hope that there are others out there that deserve your friendship, trust and attention. There is more than one love for us all. Hope it is still out there.

    As far as the question regarding "at what point is trust lost and can it ever be restored" I think we are all looking for that answer. Hard one to figure out. Hopefully others have better insight than myself. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion I would say stop thinking of him
    as if he was ever your best friend and don't
    think back to your happy 11 year relationship because
    all of that was a lie. So there no point in referring back to something that never really was real, pure or honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just need to let him go. You need to believe in what he says when he comes clean and believe that he probably didn't mean to hurt you. Guys are pigs and they have no concept of feelings/emotions when it coomes to cheating on their partner. They don't realize that it is the ultimate deception to do to a woman. It is the one thing that kills us slowly. Now, I, being a woman who has been cheated on and done the cheating as well, I know that there are all kinds of different levels of cheating...there is physical, emotional (the worse kind), and mentally. It's all cheating and for you men who might be following this blog....EATIN IS CHEATIN TOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like annonymous has ALOT of experience in the CHEATING dept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am an optimist! If there isn't hope then what is there???? There are many different kinds of love.....and I do believe we touch peoples lives with our love. And there is no fault in loving!! I am a firm believer of.......no regrets!! I am who I am for the journeys I have been on.... good, bad, heartbreaking etc..

    One more thing......as hard as it may feel or be...the big guy upstairs never gives you more than you can handle.....even though there may be days that you would disagree.

    ReplyDelete