Quote of the Day

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." ~ Erica Jong

March 11, 2011

Positive Thoughts

Many books have been written about how powerful positive thought is. My favorite go to book is, The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. Just recently, the movie version showed up on my Netflix stream and I've been watching it just about everyday.

I am a firm believer that the energy you project comes back at you, be it positive or negative. I remember feigning illness as a child in order to skip school so well that I'd actually end up sick. I know that when I face a problem with a positive attitude, things will work out far better than when I am negative and complaining about it.

Of course, when all of this started I wished horrible things upon my ex. Plans for revenge were discussed  (other than the usual "a pox upon you" kind of stuff). But I know that regardless of how much I am hurting, and what people think he "deserves," that negative energy will get me nowhere.

"Take the high road......Take the high road.....Take the high road." Thank you L.S.A. for my new mantra.

In order to have what I want in my life, I need to live it as if it is already happening. I envision how my closure will happen, how I will move on to a trusting relationship, and the positive things that will emerge from my extreme pain. I know exactly how it will look, sound and feel. In order to have what I want, I must surround myself with positive healing  thoughts for others as well, and that includes him.

That being said..... My positive thoughts are with those affected by the massive earthquake in Japan. My problems are insignificant compared to theirs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment