Quote of the Day

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." ~ Erica Jong

March 21, 2011

One Heck of an Affirmation

In The Secret,  one of the contributors talks about his "epiphany," the magical moment that happens when someone who knows what they want finally figures out how they will achieve it. For a long time, I've meditated on the future I want. While it's always looked great, it has never felt real. I couldn't feel it because I couldn't see the path that would lead me there, until now. It all starts with gratitude. Not just gratitude for what I have, but gratitude for the things that I know I will achieve.

  • I am grateful because I have financial security, gained from hard work, dedication and creativity.
  • I am grateful for my emotional health. I am happy, secure, confident and positive.
  • I am grateful for my physical health. I eat clean and have the energy to exercise everyday. I am constantly in motion.
  • I am grateful for the support of my friends and family.
  • I am grateful that I am surrounded by the beauty of nature and am able to enjoy everything that it has to offer me.
  • I am grateful for the man with whom I will share my future.  He is funny, affectionate, honest, open, and fun. He is hard-working yet laid back. He is loyal and unafraid to say "I love you" and truly mean it. He is respectful, supportive, ambitious and makes me a priority. He is able to be these things for me because I am able to offer the same to him.
Be grateful every day for what you have, and be grateful for the things you want. Don't be afraid to say it out loud. Every time something negative happens to you, say something positive. It took me a long time to figure out how I would get the things I want out of life, but I I had the faith that it would happen. Now that I've had my epiphany I am able to not only envision my future, but I can feel it.

My path is now set before me. It is up to me to follow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment